- The TECGEN® Brand Team Congratulates Brian Hackenburg on Completing Triathalon in Full Firefighting Gear!
- Miami Extrication Competition Team to Wear TECGEN® Gear During World Rescue Challenge Event
TECGEN® XTREME fabrics are made with a high density TECGEN® fiber blend and para-aramid in a comfortable and durable construction. TECGEN® fiber is a patented, inherently flame resistant fiber providing advanced heat and flame protection capabilities. This unique fiber has a high density carbon shell, yet the core is engineered to be flexible, providing increased durability over typical carbon based fibers.
This technology allows us to develop fabrics that offer high levels of thermal protection (TPP) and breathability (THL). You no longer have to sacrifice one for the other.
TECGEN XTREME® Fabric Test Data
|Test||NFPA 1977 - 2011 Spec||NFPA 1951 - 2007 Spec||TECGEN® XTREME|
|Radiant Protective Performance (RPP)||> = 7.0||N/A||15+|
|Thermal Protective Performance (TPP)||N/A||> = 10||15.6|
|Total Heat Loss (THL)||> = 450 w/m2||> = 650 w/m2||779 w/m2|
(After 100 Launderings)
|4.0 inches||4.0 inches||< 0.5 inches|
|Heat & Thermal Shrinkage||< = 10%||< = 10%||1.0% x 2.1%|
|Total Resistance||> = 5 lbs||> = 6.75 lbs||32 lbs|
(After 5 Launderings)
|< 5.0%||< 5.0%||0.9% x 1.8%|
|Breaking Strength||N/A||> = 90 lbs||221 lbs|
|Abrasion Resistance Test||N/A||> = 50 lbs||110 lbs|
Water Absorption Test
(After 10 washes)
|N/A||< = 15%||5.4|
The Bottom Line
- Extend the life of turnout gear - wear this for many of your calls
- Lightweight, cool and comfortable
- Economical - one third the cost of traditional turnout gear
- Multifunctional - combine extriction, wildland fire, search and rescue into one solution
- NFPA / UL certified protection.